Monday, May 17, 2010

Fabric scraps + Burp cloths = Easy, cute baby gift!



I have so many fabric scraps and have seen cute burp cloths that have been made with fabric so I gave it a go. So easy and it seriously takes 5 minutes.

I just ironed down an edge on the fabric scrap, folded it under on the ends and then sewed right around. If I had an embroidery machine I would do initials or baby names on the burp cloth, but I don't. I think these make great baby gifts so if you have cute scraps and friends with a baby - you should give it a try! I just buy the 12 pack Gerber cloth diapers and use those.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! You make me want to learn how to sew so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Cameron said! And I'm so glad you're blogging again. Yaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Emily just told me about your blog and I'm so super impressed (though not that surprised) at all your craftiness! Seriously girl, you've inspired me to take out my sewing machine and start making some curtains for my room (desperately needed I might add). I had a couple of these fancy bibs when Emi was born and I kept thinking they looked easy enough - now that I know just how easy they are I've got a shower gift for the ages! :) -denise.

    ReplyDelete