Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stuffed owls


My little Emery is turning one this Saturday and I was pretty excited to do an owl-themed party. We're doing a luncheon with the family and I thought I could make stuffed owls for all the kiddos as party favors. I went to Etsy and bought this pattern from dandy jane. It was REALLY easy and I got a lot of my fabric scraps put to use, so I didn't have to buy anything except the stuffing.

Here is a picture of my little guys:


The last ones I made (two in the middle) are my favorite - I think it takes me a while to get my creative juices flowing in terms of picking out fabrics (hardest part about sewing!). I had those in mind for my nephew and niece, Owen and Eme, but with them being 5 and 3, who knows which owls they'll end up with and which ones will be pawned off to Woodburn and Emery.

I'll post pictures of the party next week. I got some cute stuff off of Etsy which I'll link up, as well.

Happy Hooting!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the owls! Pottery Barn has similar ones that I've been eyeing for Stella's room. Yours are cuter! Happy bday to you and Emery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emery has the pottery barn owl named penny and is sort of obsessed with it at the moment. That's why I felt okay about doing an owl bday party for her. She also loves all of her owl books. I'd love to make Stella an owl - it's REALLY easy. And I can make one for you soon-to-be little boy.

    ReplyDelete