Friday, March 12, 2010

Morning Sewing Project - Nursing Cover


I got a text this morning that my sister was heading into the hospital to give birth to Woodburn. I’ve been putting off making her a nursing wrap so this text finally got me motivated to “get ‘er done.” These past few weeks the projects I’ve thought would be really easy have turned out to take a lot more time, but I was happy to find out this nursing wrap really WAS easy to make (took me only about an 1- 1 ½ hours).

Here’s the link to the website where I found this pattern. The only thing I did different was to add a coordinating fabric to the back. I cut this one inch shorter than the front panel and placed it under my turned edge for the hems to be sewn in. I’m not really sure how those D-rings work and as the women on the website says, the strap is really long, so I just tied it to the rings and figured she can just slip it over her head.

If you want an easy sewing project, this is definitely a good one to try and would make a great gift for anyone you know that's having a baby and planning to breastfeed.

Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Very cute and very exciting! Can't wait to meet Woodburn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my nursing wrap, and love the pattern. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete