Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DIY - Shelf to Wardrobe

I already had black shelves from our office so I decided to use them for Emery's nursery. The big one I figured I could turn into a wardrobe. All I did was take out one of the shelves that was removable and added a bar to go across to hang clothes. Then I took a curtain rod and made a curtain that can open and close in the middle to hide her hanging clothes. After a lot of searching I found baskets that would fit on the shelves and just replaced the (in my opinion) ugly liners with new ones. All I had to do was use the old ones as a pattern for new ones with coordinating fabric for the rest of the nursery.

Here are some pics:

Shelf before

Finished product

Finished product with curtain open

I bought a rod from Home Depot, painted it black, and hung it with screws and wire so there was enough room for the hangers to hang and move around.

Baskets to hold onesies, sleepers, hats, etc.

Other shelf with 2 baskets


Basket before

Basket afterwards - Much better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment