Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Simplest Things Make Such a Difference

...and in this case it was a hose, broom, rake, flowers, and some pine straw.

Take a look at what I did all by myself (and at 9 months pregnant I'd like to add!).
It's definitely not done, but it's a start.

BEFORE



AFTER





I'm finally able to sit in my backyard, which I'm doing right now as I write this. Gonna be a much better summer to be able to relax in the lounge chair in the privacy of my back yard instead of always having to sit on the front porch. The biggest difference, which you may not be able to tell from the pictures, is the pine straw over the dry dirt that was blowing everywhere. We realized we couldn't grow grass with two dogs so pine straw did the trick beautifully and inexpensively, in my opinion. YAY!



3 comments:

  1. You, my friend, are doing some SERIOUS nesting. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have brick there before? It was just covered up by the dirt? Looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very inviting! Makes me want to come for a cook out in your back yard.

    ReplyDelete