Monday, April 5, 2010

Front Yard Make-Over




I’ve been thinking and thinking about simple ideas to make our front yard look better and this weekend with my parents coming in town to help, mission was accomplished! All we did was add shutters to the front window, paint the door, and plant some flowers and shrubs. Very easy and I think it looks A LOT better! Thanks Mom and Dad for your help! And you, too, Elton. Being 9 months pregnant there is no way I could have done this on my own.

Before I forget, two things I learned from these projects:
1) When picking a color for your door, try to match it to something already in the house. At first I picked a random blue and it really looked AWFUL. Then our neighbor suggested matching it to the darker shade of brick and I think it turned out great!
2) Go with a satin finish, rather than a semi-gloss. The semi-gloss is a little too shiny and the satin is a balance between semi-gloss and flat.

Take a look at the before and after pictures:

BEFORE


AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER




BEFORE


AFTER


Now on to the dog-trashed back yard???? Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute house! You guys did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the shutters make a huge difference. Good work!

    ReplyDelete