Sunday, January 23, 2011

Candles New Again

Before

After

I love candles and I got a bunch of them from my mom last year for my birthday in these pretty botanical jars. They got really dirty (I think you're supposed to trim the wick every time before you light them so the black stuff doesn't get on the sides???) so I researched how I could clean them up and reuse them. It was REALLY easy.

1) Put them in the freezer.
2) Use a knife to pull out any left over wax.

3) Wash.


See how easy! Now I can put tea candles in them or maybe even use them as a vase.

FYI - Emery has been crying/playing/crying during the whole process of cleaning them and typing up this blog. Ahhhhh! Guess that shows how quick this takes? It usually takes her about 30 minutes to get to sleep for a nap. And she's asleep- time to relax with a big glass of wine, I think. Happy Sunday!

2 comments: