Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tiring Tuesdays

Emery goes to “school” on Tuesday mornings, which I love because I can actually be productive. I go to bed every Monday night excited about all the things I’m going to get done the next morning and I go to bed every Tuesday night more exhausted than ever and still feeling like there is way too much to do.

Today’s mission: Clean out the kitchen cabinets

I’m trying to pack up as much stuff as I can to put in storage before we list our house. I figure I can go a few months without a few things and this way there will be less clutter in the house and less to pack when our moving day arrives (if it ever does).

Here are some tips I learned though out the day:

  • If you don’t know what it is – throw it out or donate it.
  • Any Tupperware pieces that don’t match up or don’t fit in your cabinets – throw it out or donate.
  • If you haven’t used the kitchen gadget in the past year – give it away.
  • You really don’t need more than ten dishtowels – throw your ratty ones out.
  • Pots and pans you never use anymore – give them away. (I always use the same four pots and pans and I had bought a couple of cheapo ones in the past that I clearly didn’t need to keep).
  • Stop saving all those paper bags. I never bake cookies that often and that’s the only thing I use them for. It looks junky!
  • Use fabric bags for groceries – it’s better for the planet and you don’t have all those plastic ones hanging around.

If you’re one of those people who can’t throw things out or give things away, I suggest you pack some of the above items in a box and see if you miss them over the next few months. If you do, go ahead, take it back out. If not, toss it or donate it.

Here are some before and after pics:

Before

After


Before
After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

My non-napping, yet adorable Emery who keeps me from
getting things done around here all week.
Good thing she is cute
and worth all the attention she gets.








3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! She is so big and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting ready to list our house too and I've been doing the same thing! Of course, it just takes 10 minutes for the boys to mess up my kitchen cabinets again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed being able to do a little of that while I was off for snow today. I don't have a baby and I still can't get it all done!

    ReplyDelete