Friday, June 18, 2010

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

EMILY GIFFIN HAS A NEW BOOK OUT!!!

Emery and I were browsing around Barnes and Noble with my mocha frappucino light -b/c that's what we like to do when we are bored- and I was noticing that Jen Lancaster has a new book out (who I personally can't stand). I thought, "When is Emily Giffin gonna come out with another book?" Then as I exited the elevator upstairs I saw her name on top of a book like all of her others, although this time the book cover was purple. I thought, "What?! Purple? None of the covers of her books are purple. This must be new!" I then read the title and realized it WAS new. Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Okay, so I've never been a big reader, but I can't get enough of her books. They are really easy to read and extremely entertaining. (FYI - I"m sure all of you Emily Giffin fans know this, but they are currently making a movie out of "Something Borrowed, Something Blue" starring Kate Hudson and Gennifer Godwin.) So, yes, this is probably the only author that I've read all the books of and have LOVED every one. The Barnes and Noble store patrons definitely saw me jump up and down and give it a hug when I found it.

Once I get off this computer to feed Emery and put her down for a nap I'm gonna pause on the other book I'm reading (which surprisingly I'm almost done with and decided I'm not going to abandon) and start this one. If it's like her other ones, I'll probably have it done by Monday. So...note to book swappers who read my blog: Make sure you're there next week at Monica's pool if you want a chance at getting it! For the rest of you, I'll let you all know how it goes. I really hope I"m not disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! I need to get this one. Have you started it yet?

    PS Like the new look of your blog!

    PPS Can you tell I DO NOT want to be in this meeting right now??

    ReplyDelete