Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Why didn't I try this earlier?


I'm not big into frozen foods b/c I like things fresh and I love to cook, but lately I've been pretty tired and sometimes it's hard to cook with a crying baby. Point being, I was browsing through Trader Joe's frozen section yesterday and stumbled upon their microwaveable brown rice. The brown rice I usually cook I really like, but it takes 45 minutes so I decided I was going to try this to save time and because I couldn't deal with 45 minutes of brown rice cookin' last night. I have to say I pretty much have fallen in love with this product. It tastes like it's been steamed and reminded me of PF Chang's brown rice, which I really like. I don't know if I'm ever gonna deal with cooking brown rice for 45 minutes ever again unless I have to or want to spend 45 minutes waiting for my rice to cook. Oh, the other awesome thing about it is that it's a perfect portion size for two people and if it's just me, I can save half for dinner the next night when it'll most likely be just me again. If you haven't tried this yet and you have a Trader Joe's in your town, you have to try this. I think it'll become a new staple on your grocery list each week. Enjoy!

2 comments: