Thursday, September 8, 2011

Current Craft




I have so many friends having babies or just having had a baby and I am WAY behind on my gifts.  Today I finally got motivated to do some baby crafting for two babies (a boy and a girl).  I always see appliquéd onesies and think, “That is so easy- I can totally make that in 5 minutes!” and when I finally get around to giving it a try, it takes me 5 hours.  I don’t know if I’m just really bad at appliquéing or if it’s something that will come with time.  I did learn a few tips today.  One is to put my machine on fast.  When I do it slowly, the onesie gets all bunched up and makes a mess.  The second tip I learned was that I need to just focus on keeping the edge of the fabric between my walking foot and stop worrying about what the thread is doing.  I still haven’t figured out an easy way to peel the backing off the Pellon Wonder Web paper.  Anyone have any tips for this?




I also made a bow-hanging thing (not sure what to call it), which was super easy.  I made one for Emery and it’s great for keeping your bows in one place so I decided to make it for a friend of mine who is having a girl next month.  All I did for this was take ribbon and fold it on top of each other, sew it down the sides and then sew a loop for it to hang on a hook or a doorknob.  Easy peasy!  Thank goodness one thing took me only about five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment