Thursday, September 22, 2011

Working Weekend



This past weekend Elton was out of town and my mom conveniently came into town, which made for a very productive weekend.  I needed someone to light the fire under my heiney-heiney-ho and my Mom was the perfect person to do that.  I got my playroom pillows completed, we recovered the rocking chair for the nursery AND I got the fabric letters done with Lawson’s name.  I blogged about these letters when I did Emery’s and they were still a PAIN!  It was so nice to have my mom help and do half the work and she bought me a light duty staple gun, which made the job A LOT easier.  She also did most of the work with the chair so I have to give her credit for at least half of the work on that and the letters.  Thank you, Mom!!!  

Here are the completed pics:  
Playroom - I took the scraps of my fabrics and put them in embroidery rings (only like $2 at Hobby Lobby) which made for easy wall decor over the play table.
Floor pillow number #1 - my favorite!  This was made from the big piece of fabric I worked so hard on last week.
Floor pillow #2
Chair pillows - I also used the big piece of "pieced fabric" as a border on the ones with the birds.  This other pillow was what I made out of the scraps from my valances.
Chair before
Chair before
 
Chair after

Another pillow I made


Fabric letters - I get the cardboard letters from Papersource, trace them onto posterboard and then cover the posterboard part with batting and fabric.  Then I cover the cardboard letters with fabric on the sides and I glue the posterboard letters on top so there are two fabrics for each letter (hard to see here).  Sounds easy, but it's a lot of work.


3 comments: