Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The crib has arrived!

And I love, love, love it! It’s exactly what I wanted for Emery’s nursery. After 1 ½ hours, we got it assembled. I’m not sure how I’m going to position it yet, but below in the pictures you'll see three different ways, which I believe may be my only options. I like it caddy-corned, but my favorite part of the crib is the design on the end, so I might not do that. I welcome all of your opinions! It's crazy how real this baby feels with the crib now here. Exciting!

I had to throw in one of Elton assembling it - classic for every family, right? More exciting for me was that he was actually home to help so I didn't have to do it on my own!!!


Caddy-corned
Another option
Third option

Another view

I'm about 99% sure I'm going to go with this rug from Anthropologie. I love it and think I'll want it in my house forever, not just for this nursery. I also think it'll look great with the crib and chandelier I'm having installed tomorrow.


Imagine this rug where you see the rug pad in the pictures. I love it!


Mason and Brady wanted us to turn the box into a dog house fort for them to play in. I told them they had until tomorrow to play with it and then I’m breaking it down and moving it out. Or maybe I’ll put it in the backyard for them to destroy themselves.





5 comments:

  1. I love it! Doesn't it make it feel so real now?! That's how I felt when we got our crib assembled. I think I like it caddy cornered the best. And the walls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I like it caddy cornered the best too. But it is a shame that it hides the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rug is amazing, especially with the black crib. Very nice! I like caddy cornered too since the room is round...you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love that you made a card board fort for your dogs! Emery will enjoy something like this too in about a year and a half :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I vote for caddy cornered...and I love the quilt you made. It's gorgeous.

    so happy to know about your blog!

    ReplyDelete