Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Finds of 2009

The littlest things make me happy. This morning it was a bagel with veggie cream cheese and a mocha from Panera, which was my treat for dropping my husband off at the airport at 5am. I'm such a good wife! The other day I was reflecting upon my new favorite finds that I discovered in 2009, which are some other little things that have made me a happier person. Today I want to share these with you and maybe they’ll be some of your new favorite finds of 2010 and bring some more happiness to you!

(In no particular order of greatness)

Garafalo Whole Wheat Pasta

Comes in bowtie, fusilli, and spaghetti. Tastes really good for whole wheat!

Trader Joe’s Organic Dark Chocolate Square 73%

Eat one small square for dessert and it nips my sweet cravings in the bud!

Ultra Downy Pure Essentials Fabric Softener

I had stopped using fabric softener because I read it was bad for your clothes but then I smelled my friend’s towels when I was visiting her and asked what she washed them in, and it was this fabric softener. Now I LOVE doing laundry because I love the way it smells. And I don’t care if it’s bad for my clothes and towels – so worth it!

Nuts

I buy the bulk bags from Trader Joe’s and measure out ¼ of a cup – a great and healthy snack!

Smart Organic Chicken

I stopped eating chicken early in 2009 because it was grossing me out. I then started to get the organic Smart chicken brand from Harris Teeter and noticed SUCH A DIFFERENCE! I now only buy this type of chicken – it actually tastes the way chicken is supposed to taste.

Amy Butler and Anna Maria Horner

I learned how to sew this year and I have become a fan of both of these ladies. Check out their websites and fabrics. I love them!

Anna Maria Horner Website

Anna Maria Horner Blog

Amy Butler Website

Villa Cerrina Montepulciana D’Abruzzo (from Trader Joe’s)

Great red wine and under $5 a bottle!

My New Waterbottle

Intak by Themos is the brand

I love the way it snaps closed and it has a marker on the side to track how many times you’ve filled it up.

Pillsbury Simply Chocolate Chip Cookies

Uses natural ingredients – unfortunately just as much fat and calories as the regular cookies, but REALLY good!

Baking Soda

This is great for cleaning my bathtub and it's natural. Try it the next time you clean – it works really well.

Smashbox Foundation

I had been using the same foundation for years and never loved it. I went to Sephora last fall and a lady recommended this brand. I was skeptical at first, but love it! I've gotten lots of comments on how clear my skin is and it's not! It also has a very natural look to it.

These are the highlights of my favorite finds of 2009. Check them out if you haven't discovered them yet. Also, please share some of your favorite finds of 2009. I need some new good ones for this year.

Happy discovering!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I also think chicken is gross and started buying organic. It does taste better. I am going to buy the bowtie pasta and make your dish this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 10 faves of 2009:

    1. glass tupperware (it'll change your life)
    2. Voluspa candles
    3. no-bake lasagna noodles
    4. Netflix (I know it has been around but I'm obsessed)
    5. Jennifer Pudney needlepoint canvases
    6. Furminator pet brush
    7. embossing powder and all things PaperSource
    8. Etsy
    9. personalized stationary as a gift
    10. teeny tiny hair clips

    ReplyDelete