Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Need a new healthy lunch idea?


This is a favorite recipe of mine inspired by a salad I get at Whole Foods. We don’t have a Whole Foods in Charlotte so I had to create this on my own. It’s full of protein, vitamins, and mono-saturated fats to keep you full through the afternoon. If I make chicken for dinner one night, I usually grill up an extra chicken breast to toss into this salad for lunch the next day.

Chicken Mediterranean Salad

Serves 1

1 4oz. chicken breast (use leftovers from dinner) – sliced

Sliced red, yellow, and orange peppers

Sliced red onion

5 Kalamata olives, halved

¼ cup chopped walnuts

1 to 2T fat free feta

For the dressing:

2T red wine vinegar

1T extra virgin olive oil

Salt

Pepper

Toss all of the top ingredients together. To make the dressing, I put salt and pepper in a small bowl with the 2T of red wine vinegar. I then whisk in 1T of EVOO and pour over the salad. Toss all together and enjoy.


This dish is great warm, cold, or at room temperature. That’s what makes it such a great lunch item to take to work.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment