Friday, January 22, 2010

Hate to floss?

Last night as I was doing my nightly bedtime routine (floss, brush teeth, wash face, put on moisturizer) I was remembering how I used to NEVER floss and how much I hated it. I had dentist after dentist tell me, "you need to be flossing" and "you're going to get gingivitis if you don't floss." I just couldn't be bothered and didn't feel like it did much UNTIL I got a tip from a friend. She told me to floss before I brush b/c then you'll see all the gunk (I know, gross!) that comes out of your teeth before brushing and it will seem worthwhile. Well, I'll tell ya, it worked. I started flossing before I brushed and it's true - it's gross and does seem worth my time. Now I floss every single night and don't mind it a bit. Just thought I'd share this tip in case there are others out there who hate to floss. Hope it doesn't gross you out too early in the morning.
Happy Flossing!

No comments:

Post a Comment